A press release that gathers dust doesn’t help anyone.
Your prospects and reporters need to find your press release when they search through Google.
Here are 6 ways to make your press release stand out, above the competition, so you can get more qualified prospects visiting your website.
- Target a specific audience and put that into the headline. A headline that says “Doctors can improve patient satisfaction by following these five principles” will do better than a generic headline that says “Business can improve customer satisfaction by following these five principles.” The more specific you are, the better, all things being equal.
- Find keywords your prospects are searching for. You can use Google’s search tool to find what people are looking for. Use those short keywords (like “personal finance”) as well as long-tail keywords (like “how can I save money for my retirement?”).
- Look at keywords on your competitors’ sites. You can see this information by visiting their sites, or by using keyword analysis tools.
- Use places in your press release if you are a local business. For example, if you are a dentist and want local patients, then put the name of your city or county in the press release. If you want clients from all over the country, it is not necessary to do this.
- Proclaim your expertise in the headline. If you put “publicity expert” in the headline, you will more likely be found if someone is looking for a “publicity expert.”
- Use keywords throughout the press release, but don’t over-do it. How do you know when too much is too much? When it sounds unnatural. You’ll know it when you see it. It’s like pepper. A little dash works wonders, but too much ruins the meal.
If you follow these tips, you’ll have a better chance of seeing your press release at the top of the search engines where reporters and prospects and fine your news.
Now, It’s Your Turn.
With more the 30 years of daily newspaper writing, public relations writing, and book writing under my belt, I can write you a press release.
I can write you a press release the search engines love.
If you write your own, I can make it better.
If you already have a search-engine optimized press release, I can get it onto 50 top-tier media websites with lots of SEO-friendly backlinks headed your way right away.
There’s a special going on right now – click here to claim your Loyal Reader Discount today.